Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Hunt

We had the great unexpected opportunity of going home to MN this past weekend to go hunting. Josh didn't think he'd get a 4 day weekend for the holiday, but ended up getting it last minute. He hasn't been hunting in 2 years and he was itching to get back to do some, so I'm really glad we got a chance to go. It also gave us a break from this itty bitty hotel room!


Sadie enjoyed having some cousin time with Eva. They were so funny together.


She also enjoyed trying out Bumpa's fun tractor (or should I say Mimi's tractor?) :)


Both Josh and I got to go out hunting and we had a great time. This is the first year we've taken the video camera with us and we're thinking of starting our own wild game hunting show. :) In this first one I had to get the gitters out of the way...





but I got one the second time. We thought it was a doe but it turned out to be a little bitty buck. Either way it'll make some good eating!




Josh got a nice size buck of his own. Unfortunately he was by himself when he shot it so we didn't get video footage of it, but here he is showing it off for the camera. :)








We thoroughly enjoyed being home for awhile and Sadie loved seeing Mimi, Bumpa, Auntie Leah and Uncle Justin again.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Oh man...that makes me miss hunting soooo much! I was eagerly waiting to hear the shot from whoever was getting ready after you missed your first one. I couldn't see your buck drop in the video...must've been too far away. Man...I'm jealous!!!!! I'm sure with all your practice though you're a much better shot than I would be.