Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Venting

Ok I just have to spend a few minutes venting. I've had to start using disposable diapers again recently while we've traveled to TX and back; and I've used them a couple of days at home in between trips so I can wash the cloth diapers. I have never despised disposables more than I have the past week. Every time Sadie poops it's a blow-out. It doesn't even have to be very much but it still leaks everywhere. I've even tried putting plastic pants over the disposable to help contain the leaks, but it still goes out the back. She had two blow-outs in her car seat on the way home from TX so that was a mess to clean up on the road. And today during her nap she pooped again and yep, all over bedding, clothes, child... it was a huge mess. I had to dunk her in the tub for a mid-afternoon bath because it was so bad. And now I have a cranky child because the mess disrupted her nap.

My cloth diapers NEVER let the poops escape. I have been thoroughly spoiled by them and now I can't stand the disposables. Sadie's poops stain too, so every outfit she's blown through this week has been soaking in a pail since we got home, and I got to add this afternoon's mess to it too. I've started using the miracle soap Fels Naptha (sp?) and that helps, but most of the time I still have to put everything in the sun to get the stains out and I HATE the extra work involved with the laundry having to scrub and soak everything!!!!

Whew! Ok I feel better now, but I still hate disposables!

On a lighter note. I usually get the greatest joy in getting Sadie out of bed after naps and in the morning (with the exception of what I got her out of bed for this afternoon). She always has a big smile on her face and every once in awhile she has wiggled herself into some pretty hilarous positions. This is how Josh and I found her a few days ago.



No comments: