Tuesday, August 26, 2008

D.C.

Hey All! We've been to D.C. and back. Josh flew back to Iraq last night (well he's actually still on his way as I write this, it's gonna be a long flight back). We were hoping for a little more time but they already had his flight lined up when we got there. We drove up to D.C. Thursday and Friday and had a beautiful drive. I couldn't believe how beautiful West Virginia and Maryland are! I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Here are a couple of pictures of what we saw, but they definitely don't do it justice.



Once again Sadie did really well on the trip up. She's such a good little traveler now. She had a great time with her Daddy. We discovered she's a little girl after her Daddy's own heart. She's very attracted to the green bottle just like her Daddy. Josh couldn't drink a Mt. Dew without her grabbing for it. :)

She's also become quite mobile on the floor now. When we got to D.C. and I put her on the floor of the hotel, she rolled around that room like a crazy baby. She's a mover and a shaker now. She loved playing with Daddy...

And she thought she was really big stuff when she got to snuggle in bed with us in the morning...

There was no tub in the hotel room we were in so we had to get creative for Sadie's bath. The first time we put her in it she cried the whole time, for some reason she found it to be quite scary. The second time she didn't mind so much but still wasn't real thrilled with it.

We also got to visit Mt. Vernon while we were there, the home of George Washington. It was amazing and a little surreal to think we were walking in the very hallways and rooms that one of our great founding fathers walked in. It was a beautiful place and we enjoyed it a great deal.





We had a very exciting weekend and to top it off, Josh discovered Sadie's first tooth coming through. It was fun for him to be the one to discover it since he's missed out on so many of her "firsts". So now she's a big girl. She also got her first meal of solid food today, mashed banana. She did really well and seemed to like it. She fussed in between mouthfuls because I wasn't getting to her fast enough. I think she was more interested in the spoon then what was on it, but she did really well.

She's also graduated from floor play to her walker and she loves it! I put a bunch of toys on the tray and she'll play with them, throw them on the floor and then look at them like "what are you doing down there?". It's pretty hilarious. She keeps me busy picking them all up and returning them to her tray so she can do it all over again. :)

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

I absolutely love how she nods her head "no", even though it's involuntary and she doesn't understand "no", it's so adorable. I can't believe how big she has gotten. Oh, by the way, it helped Hudson when he first started eating solids to be in his bouncy seat so he was reclined a bit...it was easier for him to keep the food in...it doesn't take long for them to figure it out and then they do fine in a straight up sitting position. We can't wait for you to be here!!!