Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Shelby and Cockroaches

So we've been having a cockroach saga here for the past couple of months. They're bugs as big as cockroaches, but we think they're some other kind of bug. Either way they're big, black ugly things that find our home very comfortable and move in during the night. Josh has especially been annoyed by them because he sees a handful or more every morning when he gets up to go to work. We've bombed under the house, sprayed around the house and put powder stuff in the house in our attempts to get rid of them. All of which I put up a fuss about because of Sadie.


It all came to a head night before last. We had an empty pizza box by our back door and in the morning Josh discovered several bugs in it. He went to bed last night scheming of ways to get rid of them (something I didn't know at the time). When I came to bed later last night I ran my finger tips down his back (he's always begging for a back scratching when I come to bed and I rarely give them to him cuz I'm tired by the time I get there), he jumped and swatted at his back so fast and was half out of his bed before he realized it was me. "I thought it was a cockroach" was his reply to my rolling laughter. Of course I laughed even harder at that because he's been so obsessed with these things.


So what do I wake up to at 4 a.m. this morning (about the time Josh is leaving for work)? I hear a "swat swat swat"... a couple of seconds..."swat swat swat"...a couple more seconds..."swat swat swat". Yes my warrior husband was smashing bugs with a fly-swatter this morning and was late to work as a result.


So tonight I came home from choir practice to a very funny sight by our back door. Here is what I found...
In case you can't read it, it's a Wheat Thins box with "Roach Inn, Where Kids Eat Free!" written on the back.
Inside, it's filled with poison that the roaches are supposed to take back to their nest with them. The top lid says "Roach Hotel & Diner" and the bottom lid says "Please come right in. Eat all you want and take some for the kids!". Needless to say I rolled with laughter again. Hopefully this will solve my poor husband's bug problem! Hahaha

On another topic, Shelby has decided that Sadie is not her favorite person. Sadie, on the other hand, thinks Shelby is the best thing in the world. This has caused quite a bit of tension in our household the past several weeks. Shelby gets so annoyed at Sadie's attentions that she growls, barks and even bites at her (though thankfully she never bites down). Sadie laughs and continues in her picking on the poor dog. They have wars over Shelby's blanket, fights over Shelby's toys and general disagreements whenever Sadie goes near Shelby. Josh put both of them on his lap the other night (much to Sadie's delight and Shelby's annoyance) and this is just a bit of what transpired.



I guess Sadie's practicing her big sister picking kinda early. :-)

2 comments:

Cara Meyer said...

how are your "guests" doing? ;)

Leetle Babuski said...

They're on the run now. That Roach Hotel seems to be working. :)