Tuesday, January 13, 2009

10 Months & Walking

The little squirt turned 10 Months yesterday.

She's quite the busy little beaver. She plays pretty well for part of every day, but she still has to have Mamma play time too. She's such a joy to have around and gives us constant smiles and laughs. She's becoming quite the little ham and thinks everything we do is a game (including when Mamma tells her "no"). She's quick to smile and laugh and is a pretty laid back child. I can't believe how quickly these last 10 months have gone.

She's also quite the little "helper". She helps me with the laundry by pulling out everything I put in the dryer as I transfer the clothes. She helps me "cook" by getting into all the cupboards and pulling dishes out. She helps keep the kitchen tidy by pulling down all the towels and rags hanging from the oven. She helped Josh put locks on the kitchen cupboards the other day. I was in the living room and they were busy in the kitchen. All of a sudden I heard a "Thud" followed by Josh's plaintive "Oow". Upon asking what was wrong, he stated Sadie had knocked the drill over on his foot. I couldn't help but laugh. She was quick to "help" pick up the screws when they fell on the floor and thought it was fun to taste the wood shavings. Here she is helping.



She's quite entertained by the puppy now. Shelby only gets to come in the house to play with Sadie. Our hope is eventually she'll realize that's her primary playmate instead of Josh. Here they are tonight playing together.


She's also becoming quite proficient at walking. She now walks across the room to us without help. We practice every night and it's amazing how quickly she's improving. She doesn't take off on her own much anymore, she prefers the safety of one of our arms on the other end, but I don't think it'll be long before she's on her own.


Here's a little sample of one of her first times walking across the room.


And here's another one a few days later.


2 comments:

Aubrey said...

How fun. Hudson watched all 3 videos and loved them...especially the one with the puppy dog in it. :)

Jorge said...

Glad to see Shelby in video, sometimes i still think shes in the back yard, Glad to see Sadie is walking, also you better get her trained to change her own diapers because you'll need her to do that once the second one comes along!!!