Bath time has never been all that exciting for Sadie. She has always tolerated them well, but has never been excited and happy to be in the tub. When I would pour the water in the tub she'd get scared and wouldn't like the running water. Well, all that has changed with the introduction of the rubber ducky. Here at Aunt Aubrey's house, Hudson has a pail full of bath toys that includes a small rubber ducky that Sadie loves to play with in the tub. A few times of rubber ducky play in the bath and now she loves it. She even jumps up and down with giggles while I pour the bath water. Here she is enjoying her bath more than I've ever seen her enjoy it before.
Why is it that bedtime seems to bring out play time? After Sadie's bath we went into the bedroom to tell cousin Hudson goodnight and what resulted instead was a half hour play time that both babies thoroughly enjoyed. They were rolling and laughing and playing with each other and us for a long time. Sadie was so wound up she wouldn't settle down to nurse before going to bed. Guess I learned my lesson on that one. But they were so cute together I don't regret that time. Here they are playing with each other.
We had a fun-filled afternoon at the pumpkin patch today. Both kids loved being outdoors. Sadie was more enamored with the grass and leaves than the pumpkins. We got her a cute little one to bring home and decorate. I'm sure hers will be the best decorated one on the block (next to Hudson's of course). Here's the fun day.
No comments:
Post a Comment