She's been cutting 2 back moler teeth the past week so it's been a little rough around here. Now she's coming down with some kind of sniffly sneezy cold so the poor thing has been rather unhappy the past couple of days. Never a dull moment! We are enjoying her so much though, crankiness and all. She's growing too fast. :(
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Words, Toilet and Helping Mamma
I was baking bread this week and Sadie was clinging to my legs and being generally needy, so I plopped her up on the countertop so she could watch the mixer knead the dough. She didn't find the mixer terribly interesting, but she found the spice shelf and the container of kitchen utensils VERY exciting. Here she is "helping" me make bread.

We've also had a very exciting week with the big girl toilet. She HATED it when I would set her on the toilet just a couple of weeks ago. Now she runs into the bathroom and hauls up her little seat and begs to sit on it. So funny! She finds it to be a very exciting event now. Problem is, she doesn't know why she's on there. :) I think she just likes to pull apart the toilet paper square she gets allotted to her each time and play with her bath toys. We did, however, have a successful potty time just a couple of days ago. She woke up dry from her nap so I set her on the toilet right away and she went potty. I still don't think she knows what happened, but I was sure excited (and completely shocked). :) Here she is enjoying potty time.
Sadie has officially spoken her first word. The word she chose, "uh oh". Why? I don't know, but it sure is funny. She can also say "da da" for daddy, "bah bah" for mama and she says "baby" pretty well, but sometimes still gets confused on that one. She usually pulls up my shirt and points to my belly button when she says it. :) She only says the words when prompted so we're still waiting for her to use them in the proper context on her own. I've been working with her on some signing as well so we can communicate in something other than screams and howls when she wants something. Here she is showing off her "words" (in a distracted sort of way).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ohhhh! I can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks....and even more so to watch Hudson & Sadie interact now that they're so much bigger. It is going to be a blast! Love the little video and her first word...very cute!
Post a Comment