Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Finally! Another Blog Post!

For those of you who've been waiting for another blog post. I finally got this stupid thing to work. I've been trying to post for the past week and this blog site has been messing up every time. Still can't get videos to upload, but I at least got some pictures to work. So, here is the latest.

I had a church event to go to a couple weeks back so Josh and Sadie decided it was time for their first daddy/daughter date. They went to Steak 'n Shake for supper and then went shopping at Sears. Josh said Sadie ate like a horse and enjoyed the whole experience tremendously. She got to ride around on his shoulders while they shopped at Sears and babbled excitedly to him all the way home. She sure loves hanging out with daddy! Here they are getting ready to leave for their date.

Sadie also had her first zoo experience last Friday. I wasn't sure how she'd handle the big animals, but she loved every minute of it. She pointed and babbled at all the animals and went right up to the goats to pet them. Wasn't scared a bit.

Here is daddy and Sadie watching the icky gorilla eat his supper he just threw up. I had to walk away cuz I felt like I was gonna throw up. GROSS!
In awe of the big giraffes.
Pointing and talking about the cute mere kats (sp?). She thought those little guys were quite interesting!
Petting the friendly goats. She thought they were great! Josh's cousin, Melissa is in KY for a couple of months doing some research for school. She's in Lexington, which is an hour and a half from us, so she's been coming to spend the weekends with us since she got here. Sadie loves her and squeals with excitement now when she sees her. She thinks she's her own personal play thing. :) She loves swinging on the hammock and found it especially exciting with cousin Melissa, espcially since she got to hold and play with her cell phone while they swung.

Still no further news on Iowa. We're staying busy parting out 4-wheelers and selling them on ebay to bring in the extra we need each month to make budget. It's been keeping us VERY busy, especially Josh. I get to do the fun ebay posts and help with printing labels and shipping boxes. We're thankful for God's provision for us in this way.
I'm staying busy encouraging my little garden to grow, entertaining a very busy 15-month-old, creating meal plans and cooking them, along with a multitude of other household chores and responsibilities. I love every minute of it most days. :) Everything seems to be progressing well with the pregnancy, with the exception of a not-so-good glucose test on Monday. I have to go back next Wednesday for a 3 hour test to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes. I'm praying it comes back negative this time.
Well, I think that about sums things up for now. Sorry it took so long to get this post up. Hopefully this crazy blog site will start working for videos soon.

3 comments:

Cara Meyer said...

so did Sadie pick out any tools at Sears?? I laughed at the part where Josh said Sadie ate like a horse. Can't wait to see you all soon!

miss corliss said...

I hope your test comes back OK! Even if it doesn't, have hope - I had gestational diabetes and was able to control it with diet pretty easily. I bet you could do the same.

Aubrey said...

I'm sorry about the glucose test, I hope there is no problems when you go back next week! We can't wait to see you all...Hudson is getting very excited to see Sadie.