Thursday, February 26, 2009

Immunizations

Immunizations have begun! Josh and I chose to delay Sadie's shots until she was a little older and we're doing them one at a time. After months of researching immunizations, we're hoping that it is the safest way to go about getting her immunized. I'm so thankful to have a supportive Pediatrician who lets us do it the way we want to. She did pretty good with the shot, but they also drew blood on her finger to check her iron levels and she was quite devastated with the bandaid that wouldn't come off her finger. She cried quite a bit about that, but was happy by the time we left the office. She was "talking" to the fish in the fish tank as we left and was really happy the rest of the day. She didn't show any signs of being adversely affected by the shot for which I'm so thankful!

Dr. Steve (her pediatrician) gave her a sucker to distract her while he was checking her out (she also didn't like him putting that shiny round thing on her chest, sticking that pokey thing in her ear or digging his fingers in her mouth). :) So she and Daddy shared it later. So funny!

She's such big stuff now. She got a Valentine's Day card from Grandma Carol and still thinks it's one of the best toys ever! Here she is toting it around the day we opened it. Thank you Grandma Carol!



She's getting so big so fast. I can't believe how much like a little girl she's starting to look and less like a baby. She was too cute Sunday in her little dress Auntie Leah made her. We had to snap some pictures.



In other news, I had my first Dr appointment yesterday too. We've been going 'round and 'round with the insurance company (still on the Army Tricare) trying to get things sorted out so it's taken awhile to get to the Dr. They verified that I'm 16 weeks along and everything looks good so far. I go back for the physical exam in a couple of weeks and I'm hoping they let me go to a Dr. here in Louisville after that. At the moment they're making me go all the way down to Ft. Knox for my prenatal care. A 45 minutes drive one way and then I'll still have to switch Drs. in May when the insurance expires. I'm praying they let me switch.

Still no news on any new jobs for Josh. There's an opening for a different position at the airport here in Louisville he's applied for most recently. Hopefully something turns up before too long.

The best news of all... spring is almost here! :)

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

So cute...her hair is getting so much thicker and longer! She is definitely looking more like a little girl rather than a baby! :( Hudson LOVED his cards from the grandparents too...did the same thing as Sadie and carried them around, looked at them like they were books, it was adorable! Poor Josh, so much for privacy when using the bathroom!