Saturday, September 13, 2008

Oklahoma

No, the title is not referring to the musical, rather it is the location of Sadie's and my temporary residence for the next few weeks. We've come to spend some time with my sisters Aubrey and Tiffany and we're having a great time already. We arrived on Thursday after a fun and interesting ride with both Sadie and the dog. I brought Shelby along to stay with Tiffany and her husband Jorge for a few months until Josh gets back. With me being gone so much and with Josh and I being in D.C. for awhile when he gets back, they graciously offered to watch her for us so we wouldn't have to find other arrangements.

Shelby's a great traveler and Sadie did well too, though I think Shelby wins the prize for the best behaved. It was rather challenging at times with them both. I had to hold Sadie while attaching Shelby's leash to let her out for potty walks periodically, and it got interesting to say the least. The first time I made such a stop, a lady at the rest area commented that she thought I had my hands full. I was in full agreement with her a couple of minutes later as Shelby was straining at the leash to sniff something interesting while I was attempting to catch Sadie's spit. Talk about a zoo! Sadie found it all rather entertaining watching the dog run around at the end of the leash, but I'm sure glad I only had to take that trip by myself with them both one way!

Sadie is thoroughly enjoying the family attention here. She finds her cousin Hudson to be very entertaining. Hudson thinks she's fun to poke at, and she laughs at him when he falls down or bangs on things. Hudson is just learning to walk so it gets interesting trying to help him navigate around Sadie on the floor while he wobbles around. Hudson was so gracious to share his cold with her the day we got here, so now they're both snotty, sniffling and sneezing. We attempted to keep toys separate and germs off of each other at first, but realized in a hurry that was going to be impossible as you can see from this video...


Here is Hudson checking her out when we first got here...

Sadie has been far more interested in eating while we've been here too because the two little ones sit side-by-side on the counter while Hudson is eating, and Sadie thinks she needs to get in on the action too. Here are the two little bugs getting ready to eat. Hudson has just recently learned how to frown and does so quite a bit. Hilarious!


Though Hudson is 5 1/2 months older than Sadie, they're really close to being the same size and weight. Here they are entertaining one another on the drum. Sadie loves using this toy to help her sit up by herself. She's getting so strong and is really close to being able to sit up without having anything behind her.

I am so thankful to have family willing to take us in for awhile. It helps time go by so quickly. We're looking forward to the fun days ahead!

No comments: