Sadie and I had the honor of participating in the 4th Annual National "America Supports You" Freedom Walk here in Louisville this afternoon. It started with the employees of the pentagon, after it got hit on September 11. The employees wanted to find a way to honor the country's military and those who lost their lives on Sept 11 so they started this walk in D.C. Cities across the nation walk from now until Sept 11 in honor of our troops, both present and past, who are serving to defend the freedoms that were attacked that day and in honor of those who lost their lives. Then they send the pictures of all these people walking to our troops overseas so they can see the support. It was a really neat experience and a lot of fun. We didn't have a huge turn-out, but I don't think many people know about it. You can check to see if there's one in your city by going to
http://www.americasupportsyou.mil/freedomwalk/localwalks.aspx, you won't regret participating. Here is Sadie showing her support.
She really just wanted to eat the flag. :)

A couple of ladies from TSA who worked with Josh were the ones who told me about it and they came out to support him too.

Talking to some of the wives of those currently serving overseas made me realize how blessed Josh and I are to not have such a long deployment. One of the wives I spoke to said her husband went over in Feb and would be there until next Feb. I can only imagine how hard that must be for them. I am truly blessed to not be in that situation, but it was also a reminder to me to be praying for those families. I know how hard being apart can be and they're apart for a whole year. Being a part of the walk today made me proud yet again to be an American, but more importantly I was so proud of my husband for choosing to defend his country with his life. My sacrifice is small compared to his.
No comments:
Post a Comment