Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Day With The Cheese

I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends! I had been dreading this week and next week as the count down for Josh's return gets nearer. I was afraid that time would go very slowly and it would be hard for me to wait; but I have had something going on every day this week. I've been invited by several of my friends to get together this week and it has made the time fly. Today I got to hang out for the afternoon with one of my good friends, Lynn and her little Julia (aka The Cheese-you can see her blog on my blog list). She has been an endless source of information and help when it comes to this new motherhood thing. She was the one that got me started on the whole midwife/natural birth and cloth diapering. She's been great at bouncing new ideas around with me and discussing pros and cons of parenting techniques. Her husband and her have been great friends to Josh and I and have supplied us with many laughs and good times. We had a great time today and the two little bugs are beginning to really interact with each other now. Her little one is a little over 3 mo older than Sadie but the two of them are about the same size. Here they are together...


Sadie took a really good nap when we got home from our big adventure and surprised me by playing by herself happily for over half an hour. I took advantage of the peace to eat supper and was generally ignoring Sadie and her play noises, but when I checked on her this is what I found...


Sadie has been such a constant source of joy to me. Her laughs, smiles and funny faces make me laugh on some of the loneliest days. God knew what he was doing when he blessed us with her at just this time in our lives. However, I seem to always be at some crossroads with parenting and I have to make decisions that affect the life of my child. Immunizations happen to be at the forefront of my research and decision-making process lately. I am so thankful though to have a heavenly Father that I can go to for wisdom and guidance. Some days I feel like I'm doing this all alone, but lately God has been gently reminding me that I am not alone and that He is there to provide wisdom, comfort and direction. It is far too easy for me to forget that! This parenting thing is truly stretching my spiritual life as well as my emotional and physical life.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

That is so funny that she pulled her toy down on her...she's a strong little girl. She had to have pulled pretty hard on the toys to get it where it was. We need to talk about immunizations...I have some more info and you have some info that I need too!!! Love you!