Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thankful

I am very behind in getting my blog updated so you all get 2 at once. :)
Thanksgiving has come and gone and as I reflected on my blessings this year, my heart was full of thankfullness to God for what he has done for us this past year. This time last year we were wrapping up Josh's deployment to Iraq. I am so thankful for the protection He provided to Josh and Sadie and me during our time of separation. God has blessed us with yet another beautiful child and has provided for our daily needs in ways I never expected. We certainly have much to be thankful for!

We headed to Oklahoma again this year for Thanksgiving with my side of the family. We also celebrate Christmas at the same time so it's a pretty big to-do. I wasn't sure how a 10 hr car ride with 2 little ones would go, but they were both little angels. They did so well and we made it in 12 hrs, which is far better than I was expecting. Here they are enjoying a peaceful nap AT THE SAME TIME!!!

This was Lilianna's first time meeting all the aunts, uncles, cousins and grandpa on my side. She sure enjoyed them all. Here she is getting in some quality time with cousin Allie.

More quality time with cousin Gracie.

And of course, who can resist kisses from cousin Hudson?!

Two of my sisters are pregnant this year. My second oldest sister, Aubrey, is due a the end of Dec and I've been singing the praises of my Moby wrap to both of them, so here she is trying it out for herself, 8 months pregnant and all. I told you this wrap was amazing! :) Lilianna enjoyed her time bonding with her little cousin Tilly too (though I think she got kicked a few times). :)

As I've mentioned before, Lilianna has a definite opinion about things. She was quick to share her opinion with Auntie Aubrey when she tried removing the finger Lilianna was enjoying gnawing on.



Here she is getting some quality play time with Grandpa.

And of course Sadie got her share of quality time too doing one of her favorite things, reading books.

Here's a shot of all the cousins together. From the left: Allie (my oldest sister's youngest), Sadie, Gracie (my oldest sister's oldest) and Hudson (my second oldest sister's little guy and so far the only boy!).
Sadie thoroughly enjoyed her cousins! She had so much fun playing with them the entire time we were there and hasn't stopped talking about them since our return home. Here's a little fun time with cousin Hudson before bedtime.

Yes, we do indeed have much to be thankful for this year!

No comments: