Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Soup Weather

We have had our first official fall days here this week and we're loving it! I call this soup weather and boy am I glad to have it back! Not only is soup one of my favorite things to make, but it makes meal planning super easy. So the meal plan for this week? Monday: Chili; Tuesday: Southwest Chicken Soup; Wednesday: Potato Soup; Thursday: Beef & Vegetable Soup; Friday:... just kidding. I'm not making my family suffer through soup every day, but I did make my first pot of Wild Rice Soup for the season last night and boy was it good! Made with rice from the homeland! I sent a bowl over to our neighbors who recently introduced us to southern ham hock and beans cookin'. I told her she could experience a traditional northern dish. :)

Monday started out the week with 1 month pictures for Lilianna. While I was gone with her, Sadie and Daddy decided to teach the dog how to slide down Sadie's new slide. Our neighbors gave us the slide that their little guy doesn't use anymore and Sadie is thoroughly enjoying it (so is the dog). Here they are showing off their new trick.

When I got home Sadie and I played for awhile until Lilianna decided she wanted in on the action too and then Momma's arms were quite full. :) I got a Moby wrap a couple of weeks back and it's the best investment I've made since Lilianna was born. Keeps her happy and Sadie too. :)


Tuesday was another beautiful fall day, but chillier. So when Daddy got home from work we decided it was a good day to start a fire in the fire pit. And what's a fire without marshmellows? Lilianna is roasting her first one (well she kinda slept through the whole thing, but I'm sure she would have enjoyed it had she not been so cozy). :)

Here's Sadie roasting her first marshmellow. She's never done this before.

Here she is eating the fruits of her labors. :)
And sporting a very cute marshmellow mustache.

And what would roasting marshmellows be without the dog? Of course Sadie had to share one with her too.

We rounded out the afternoon by grilling hamburgers on the grill. It was an absolutely perfect, impromptu, fun, family day.

Now for some randomness: Here's Lilianna enjoying some peaceful alone time. Something she doesn't get when Sadie's around.

And this would be why Lilianna's growing so fast. She's gotta hurry up and get big so she can defend herself against the "affectionate assaults" she receives from her big sister.

Sadie's physical and word skills literally seem to grow daily. She was working on her throwing dexterity the other night and was actually getting the ball to project. Something she hasn't been able to do up to this point. Of course, the ball took her with a couple of times. :)



She wanted to wrap her dolly up in the Moby wrap a few nights back so I wrapped her up in it and stuck her dolly in it, just like Momma carries the baby. She's added the word "stuck" to her vocabulary recently and uses it quite often. You can hear her talking about how the Moby is stuck on her in the video.

Aaahhh! Soup weather! The best time of the year!

2 comments:

miss corliss said...

Love your blog! What fun to see what you are up to. The girls are darling :)

Aubrey said...

So cute!!! Love seeing pictures and watching the video...so does Hudson! Some friends introduced us to hamhock and beans a couple weeks ago and I loved it! You make me want to get out my soup recipes now. Love ya!